Natural Organic Fertilizer Program
The Natural Alternative to Lawn
This program avoids all pesticide use, thus no products are used to control insects, diseases, pest problems or weeds.
Formulations used in the Natural Organic Fertilizer Program consist of dehydrated poultry waste, blood meal, and/or feather meal. Sometimes natural mineral nutrients are also added.
Natural Organic Fertilizers contain low amounts of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, so larger product quantities must be used during applications. Consequently, these application costs are higher than other lawn applications.
The Natural Organic Fertilizer Program produces good results with no burning to the lawn. Keep in mind that lawn response to the application in also typically slower, but by the third application, visible color and vitality results are usually present.
At Prescription Turf Services, our goal is not simply to achieve a lush and healthy green lawn - our high standards of lawn care instead aim to also include:
- the achievement of a visually attractive landscape;
- the growing and maintaining of a healthy and environmentally-friendly lawn;
- the establishment of an enjoyable outdoor living space for children, adults and pets;
- the enhancement of property values through a well-cared for landscape.
Lawns vary greatly, and each type grows and develops differently. In New England, we face a wide range of factors that can affect a lawn's growth, appearance and overall health. Prescription Turf Services recognizes these challenges, and we understand that a uniform approach to lawn care cannot deliver the same results for each property.
Our professional technicians are trained to assess and correctly identify lawn types and problems areas while evaluating existing and potential challenges. Our lawn care approach consists of accurately designing and properly implementing an appropriate treatment schedule for each individual lawn.
A full and healthy lawn is the result of careful analysis, appropriately-timed and precisely-applied treatments, and an in-depth knowledge of New England's complicated weather patterns and challenges.
With any of these programs, we strongly recommend the following for best results:
- Proper mowing practices
- Regular irrigation that spreads moisture throughout the root system
- Regular fertilization
- Core aeration and dethatching to reduce soil compaction, to promote root development, and to increase nutrient and moisture absorption
- Regular pH balancing treatments to maintain proper soil acidity levels
- Regular lawn inspection for early pest detection
- Application of dry granular fertilizer if needed
- Area spot treatment for weed and insect control if needed
About Our Service
At Prescription Turf Services, Our Lawn Care Professionals are Trained to Know:
- which turf grasses are suitable for the varying influences in your location
- which irrigation practices deliver the best results
- which treatments and services are needed to enrich your lawn and assist healthy plant growth
- what qualifies as adequate topsoil for your lawn
- which pests are interfering with the development of a healthy lawn, and what can be done to reverse pest damage
- how to best customize a treatment program for YOUR lawn
- Soil testing to learn exactly what your lawn needs
- Complete fertilization that addresses all 16 nutrients essential to proper plant growth
- Full-blanket and spot-weed control to remove damaging and unsightly infestations of broad-leaf weeds that is customized to address the varying degrees of difficulty to remove each type of weed
- Seeding that is available in both the spring and fall seasons to help fill in bare patches or to rebuild an entire lawn, or to remedy unpleasant areas affected by compacted soil, poor drainage or weed infestations
- Fungicide applications to treat harmful fungi growth
- Achievement of proper pH levels in the soil through chemical amendments such as lime, potassium or sulfur to improve overall soil health and richness
- Dethatching, Topdressing and Core Aeration to address soil compaction and root development and to encourage nutrient and moisture absorption (aeration is particularly important to maintaining a healthy and beautiful lawn)
- Grub Control applied during the critical stages of the Japanese beetle life-cycle to avoid visible and invisible damages to your lawn *
- Insect Control to rid your lawn of annoying pests and surface insects **
- Tick Control applied during early, mid, and late summer to reduce potential health threats of this growing nuisance ***
(* ** ***Great if you have children or pets)
Prescription Turf Service's knowledge of lawn care greatly benefits customers in every stage of our business. We provide the following services to ensure that our customers receive the best care for their lawns:
And of course... We provide complete and accurate information for each service that we provide.
- Full explanation to the customer of the treatments along with the expectations for desired results
- The progress of treatment results
- Tips and recommendations to achieve and maintain your best lawn